Search This Blog

Monday 27 November 2017

Parsnip Pear Soup

Parsnip Pear Soup

 

4 teaspoons olive oil
3 cups chopped onions
3 cups peeled and chopped carrots
3 cups peeled and chopped parsnips
3 cups peeled and chopped Bosc pears
½ teaspoon of thyme
2 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground allspice
dash of cardamon
white pepper to taste
10 cups vegetable broth
rye croutons, optional

1.  In a soup pot, warm the oil. 
2.  Add the onions, carrots, parsnips, pears, thyme, and salt and sauté on medium heat for about 10 
     minutes, until the onions are translucent.
3.  Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cardamon, white pepper, and broth
3.  Cover and bring to a boil; then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4.  In batches in a blender, purée the soup. Reheat and serve.

5.  Garnish with rye croutons.

4 comments:

  1. Really looks interesting, I have never had pears in a soup before. Will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tasty. I use to make this at my teahouse. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. I love parnsips. Must try this recipe next time I buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, so do I. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete