ROASTED FIG SALAD
6 fresh figs, cut in half
½ cup goat cheese
Balsamic vinegar, as needed
2 lb. fresh spring mix
¾ cup craisins
½ cup walnuts
Granulated sugar, as needed
Oranges or another citrus, juiced, about 1 cup
1 fresh lemon, juiced
I fresh lime, juiced
2 tablespoons honey
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Kosher salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place figs cut side up, on a sheet pan.
2. Sprinkle with goat cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
3. Roast in the oven until slightly golden brown. Be careful not to overcook them or they
will break down. When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, mix together spring mix and craisins.
5. In a separate bowl, toss walnuts and sugar and set aside.
6. To make the dressing, mix together remaining ingredients.
7. Toss the walnuts with the spring mix and add the vinaigrette just to coat the leaves. Toss well. 8. Place greens on 4 salad plates and top with 3 fig halves on each plate of greens.