Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 February 2017

White Bark

White Bark

I first made this two years ago.  I had purchased barberries and it was Christmastime. I thought about white chocolate with barberries, pistachios, and candied orange peel might work together.  I had someone love this so much I had to make it special for her for her birthday in July. I know always make sure she gets some for Christmas. I technically do not use an exact recipe, so if you need more or less of an ingredient use it.
You can use dried currants or minced craisins if you cannot find barberries. I haven't tried either, but they taste similar. 

2

2 cups of white chocolate chips
1/4 cup of barberries
1/4 cup of pistachios
1/4 cup of candied dried orange peel, minced
1. Put the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds in the microwave; stir.
2. Repeat for 30 seconds more in the microwave.
3. The chocolate should be all melted when stirred the second time, if not repeat for 10-20 second intervals until it has completely melted.
4. Put wax paper on top of a pan and take the white chocolate while still warm and put a thin layer on it (1/8 to 1/4 inch thick). 
5. Scatter the barberries, pistachios, and orange peel on the white chocolate, while it is still warm.
6. I forget this part, but gently press the barberries, pistachios, and orange peel into the white chocolate (makes is easier when you break the bark).
7.  Let it cool and harden.
8. When it is hard, take your hand and break into pieces. They should be irregular and like the picture below.

2

9. Some pieces of pistachios, barberries or orange peel may fall off.  You can reheat for 10 seconds and gently press into white chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment