Search This Blog

Friday 2 December 2016

Chipotle Black Bean Dip

This recipe I made last week for an early Halloween party I attended. For me, I personally used black beans that I grew myself, so I had to first cook the beans beforehand. This added 45 minutes to my cooking time (the beans were freshly dried, so I did not pre-soak the beans and wanted them easily pureed) otherwise, a can of cooked beans are acceptable.
Chipotle Black Bean Dip
2 tbls. olive oil
1 medium clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. ground coriander
2 cups of cooked black beans
2 tbls. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro; more for garnish
juice of 1 lime
2 tsp. seeded, minced chipotle chile (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbls. water or broth
1 red pepper, minced reserve 1/4 cup for garnish
2 green onions, minced reserve 1/4 cup for garnish


1. Put the first ten ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth or a little chunky if preferred.
2. Put puree in a bowl.
3. Stir in red pepper and green onions.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Garnish with cilantro, red pepper, and green onions
6. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment