Search This Blog
Monday, 31 July 2017
1⁄2 cup dried edible lavender flowers
4 cups water
1 package fruit pectin
2 tbsp lemon juice
5 ½ cups sugar
1. Simmer the flowers in boiling water for 15 minutes.
2. Take off the heat, cool, and strain through a cheesecloth into a bowl.
3. The lavender water can be covered and stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator but has to be cooled.
4. Prepare jars, lids, and rings for canning.
5. Whisk lavender water, pectin and the lemon juice in a large saucepan.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Add sugar and return to a full rolling boil.
8. Boil hard for 1 minute.
9. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
10. Put into jars and process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes for either half-pint or pint jars.
11. Makes about 3 pints or 6 half-pints of jelly.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)